Have you ever experienced one of those days, weeks, months or even a year when you weren't actually excited about your career, or even your life?
Maybe the environment you worked in wasn't incredibly positive, or the challenges and deadlines were overwhelming. Possibly, you felt underpaid and unappreciated by your company. I could list a lot of different scenarios to describe actual circumstance that would fit many people. The truth is: regardless of our circumstances, we all have the ability to do something about our life experience. The key is to be willing to set yourself free.
What does it mean to establish a goal of personal freedom? What are the components and criteria of such an endeavor? Is it truly possible to break free from a life that no longer feels happy, exciting, valued, and free? A life that is all subtraction and no addition will soon bankrupt you mentally, emotionally, physically, financially, and spiritually. I don't know about you, but I want something much more rewarding than that type of dull, boring, depressing experience.
- I will craft a life on my terms.
- I will be lighthearted and spontaneous.
- I will display genuine enthusiasm.
- I will pursue genuine abundance.
- I will pursue my goals and dreams.
- I will become a possibility thinker daily.
- I will seek ways to contribute to others.
- I will value the gift of time.
- I will stand freely on my values.
- I will operate with gratitude every day.
If you adopt the "I will" affirmations on a daily basis, it will change your life. Plant these positive seeds, and they will grow into a bountiful harvest of joy and happiness. You can't expect a positive life experience if you don't plant positive thoughts in your mind. Plant what you wish to grow!
Sometimes in life our happiness is more directly affected by what we don't do than by what we do. In other words, we have the ability to change our life dramatically when we focus on what we are no longer willing to do. What we say "no" to truly matters when it comes to our personal happiness and fulfillment in life. Are you saying "yes" too often? If you are like most people, the answer is most likely a resounding "yes."
The "No" Map
Try adopting these "no" initiates, and watch how they serve to impact your life. Having taught these all over the world, I know they will have a positive effect that will endure. I know you can do it because I have, and so have thousands of my students.
- I will not spend another week, month, or year doing what I don't find fulfilling.
- I will not engage in negative conversations.
- I will not let people steal my personal joy.
- I will not waste my time on meaningless activities.
- I will not allow people to steal or waste my precious time.
- I will not eat unhealthy foods or fail to exercise.
- I will not waste my money or live beyond my means.
- I will not maintain relationships with people who are negative in nature.
- I will not settle for less than my potential and personal capacity can take me on a daily basis.
- I will not fail to set goals, thing bigger, and dream.
The Power of You
You have the power to change your life and your future. You do not have to settle. You do not have to work in a career that makes you miserable; you do not have to associate with people who have no real aspirations in life. You do not have to accept anyone else's idea of what your life should or could be. You get to decide every day. Decide today to live a life that will make you happy. Life is definitely not a dress rehearsal. Now go set yourself free and live the life you have always dreamed of living. Come on...
Just do it.
Make a difference today.
Follow me on:
Copyright 2017: Paul Cummings Enterprises.
About the author: For over 30 years, Paul Cummings has taught dynamic life changing strategies on sales, customer service, communication, building a better business, and leadership. Millions have had the opportunity to learn what it means to live and work at Level 10.