Ok - this blog post isn't a serious collection of words designed to make you have a moment of deep reflection. In fact, I am not even certain it was written to foster any semblance of deeper understanding. I know for certain I didn't have any key steps to follow in my mind when I sat down to write. I simply had a thought that I had to share, and I hope it produces a few moments of fun and joy for my readers.
- When is the last time you ran through a puddle in your nice shoes?
- When is the last time you danced barefoot in a rain storm?
- When is the last time you watched a group of your favorite comedy movies and laughed your tail off?
- When is the last time you played a game from your childhood and smiled because of the memories?
- When is the last time you built an outdoor fire and cooked hot dogs and s'mores?
- When is the last time you put on your favorite dance music and danced all over your house?
- When is the last time you played charades with friends?
- When is the last time you dressed up for Halloween?
- When was the last time you played a funny joke on a friend and created a fun experience for all involved?
I could go on and on with questions like this, but by now I hope you have started to understand what I am saying. It's time to lighten up and brighten up. It is time to get back in touch with your childlike enthusiasm. When is the last time you looked at life through childlike eyes? If you can't remember, you need to stop reading this and do something fun right now!
We often take life too seriously. I believe the greatest medicine on earth is genuine laughter. We are meant to be happy and find a real sense of joy. As I travel the world, I see far too many frowns and not nearly enough smiles. I hear too many sad stories and not enough happy stories. We can all learn to laugh more.
And yes, we need to fun it up for a change.
In closing, I have a question and a challenge:
When is the last time you jumped for joy for absolutely no reason? Well, why don't you do it now and then share this blog with your friends and ask them to do the same? Wouldn't it be great if we spread this all over the world and people truly did jump for joy because of our combined efforts? I must go jump for joy now. Hey, send me a picture of your jump for joy, and I will post them for others to see.
Jump jump jump jump jump for joy day!
Make a difference today.
Find out about Paul Cummings University demos here.
Copyright 2017: Paul Cummings Enterprises.
About the author: For over 30 years, Paul Cummings has taught dynamic life changing strategies on sales, customer service, communication, building a better business, and leadership. Millions have had the opportunity to learn what it means to live and work at Level 10.